Prof. Saurabh Singanapalli
Prof. Saurabh Singanapalli is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Contemporary Knowledge Systems at the Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth’s Chinmaya Eswar Gurukula. He is presently in the final stages of a PhD in Visual Communication and Language Teaching from the Industrial Design Centre at IIT Bombay, and has previously done an MPhil in English Language Education and an MA in English, Media and Communication, both from the EFL University, Hyderabad. His research and teaching interests are in the area of visual narratives, including graphic novels and comics, language education and communication, and storytelling. Over the last decade, he has worked as a language teacher and translator for French, Spanish and English.
His other interests lie in the areas of theatre, debating and quizzing, and he has been part of a number of plays, debates and quizzes at the inter-college and inter-University levels. He has been part of the IIT Bombay Cultural Council in 2012-13, and is also a keen follower and occasional player of a number of sports, including football, cricket and tennis.
Areas of specialization
- Teaching Writing in English
- English Communication and Presentation Skills
- Visual Narratives
- Storytelling and Language
- Comparative Studies of English and Indian literature
- First Prize winner of the IIIrd Premio Cervantes Spanish Short Story Writing Competition organized by the Embassy of Spain in India (2007)
- Awarded the Gurukul scholarship organized by SPIC MACAY and the Foundation for Universal Responsibility of His Holiness the Dalai Lama (FURHHDL) (2004)
- Awarded the Kay Marion Prize (First in TYBA College Exams) at St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad (2003)
- Awarded the S.V.S. Iyer Prize (First in SYBA College Exams) at St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad (2003)
- Honourable Mention award for the Goi Peace Foundation (Japan) Essay writing competition (2000)
- Award for the Embassy of Korea’s “Images of Korea” essay writing competition (1998)