Career Opportunities – Call for Applications
Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, a de novo deemed university, is committed to providing quality education in Sanskrit and Indian Knowledge Traditions (IKT) specially focussed on their contemporary application in the workplace and society. The University perceives the need for societies to experience the connect of Technology with Tradition and Science with Spirituality and this it endeavours to deliver through bridging our vast knowledge repository with our everyday applications through teaching and research.
Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth invites applications (non-academic) at various levels from hardworking, experienced professionals who seek to participate in building a new organisation.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS (ADVERTISEMENT)
How to Apply
If you intend to know more about the open positions and apply for one or more of these, please follow the steps given below:
- Please go through various sections indicated below by clicking on each of the subsections in this page. This will familiarise you with the areas in which the openings exist, levels, expectations and eligibility requirements from the prospective applicants.
- Pay special attention to the instructions mentioned in subsection ‘Information Required’.
- Before you Apply
- Identify the positions and areas in which you want to apply.
- This application process will require most applicants to submit their applications online. Therefore, please prepare a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) as specified under ‘Information Required’.
- If possible, please keep a soft copy of your photo handy.
- You will also need to provide details like your email address and contact phone number.
- Application Process (for Online Submissions)
- Once you are ready to apply, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ at the end of this page.
- You will be directed to another window which will be a brief electronic form that will ask you basic information (mandatory) like areas and levels for which you are applying, your name, date of birth, email address and contact phone number (preferably a mobile number).
- The form will require you to upload a soft-copy of your CV (preferably in PDF format) and will also allow you to upload your photograph (optional but desirable).
- Once you have provided this information, please click on ‘Submit’ option in the electronic form.
- You will receive an email acknowledgement of your submission.
- Application Process (for Manual Submissions)
- If you are unable to submit the application online, you can send hard copies (printed) of your CV and photo under the cover of a forwarding letter. These should be sent preferably by EMS Speed Post (please note that not all couriers will deliver packages to this address) so as to reach the following address:
Adi Sankara Nilayam
Ernakulam 682 313
- After sending, please mail at email@example.com giving your name, contact information and Speed Post tracking number.
- If you do not want to apply right now but would want us to inform you about the openings that come up in future, please let us know your interest by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name and contact phone number and also the area of your expertise.
Open Positions (Senior Roles)
We welcome candidates in the areas of specialization mentioned below for the following positions:
- Leading and mentoring team of librarians and library officers.
- Active participation and driving strategic plans for the library and obtain
approvals for plans and budgets.
- Development and operationalising library services in service of the
stakeholders, Students, Faculty and Administration.
- Deliver on initiatives in areas such as new roles for academic librarians, faculty
and student engagement, e-services, culture of assessment and establish and enhance productive relationships across the academic community to ensure
library provides pro-active, responsive and customer focused services in line with the strategic direction of Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth to meet the changing demands, needs and expectations of the university community..
- Oversight of Systems, Services, Operations, Finances and Human Resources.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in running an academic library of tertiary institute.
- Master of Library Science or Master of Library and Information Science.
- Experience of at least three years of supporting Integrated Library Management
- Experience of at least three years in digital content curation and e-resource
management including managing licenses and copyrights.
- Experience in managing the book publishing vendors, curation of collections
- Familiar with library and information standards and their adaptation in University
- Able to set up inter library networks and library consortiums for content
Open Positions (Mid-Level & Junior Roles)
- Graduate in any stream.
- Excellent computing skills – MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Ability to easily handle all tasks associated with running the office of a senior
- Communication skills – take dictation, handle phone conversations, oral &
written skills in English, knowledge of Malayalam is a plus.
- Ability to manage travel bookings, expense handling.
- Good social skills to deal with visitors of all backgrounds and levels.
- Ability to be flexible with office hours.
- Graduate, Library Science or Information Science are preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and computing skills.
- Good social skills and service attitude.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures meticulously.
- Familiarity with library operating environment is preferred.
- Ability to work long hours and shift hours.
Information Required in the Application Form
- Please fill the on-line application form and submit the application only once for all the areas of specialisation which you are applying for.
- Candidates will have to upload a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) (preferably in PDF format) and a photograph (optional) along-with the form.
Pay Scale and Benefits
The payscale and benefits will be commensurate to the qualification and experience of the applicant.
- The university reserves the right to fill or not fill any or all the posts advertised. The university reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement and other academic achievements.
- No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding reason for not being called for interview/ outcome of interview.
- The university may consider candidates whose area of specialization lie outside those stated herein, provided these persons have an outstanding record.
- The candidate is responsible for the correctness of the information provided in the application. If it is found at a later date that any information given in the application is incorrect/ false the candidature/ appointment is liable to be cancelled/ terminated.