Candidates desiring to apply to Chinmaya University’s Undergraduate and Integrated Masters programmes must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- In the case of Higher Secondary School Certificate or State Boards, CBSE and ICSE – minimum of 50% marks in 12th grade.
- In the case of International Baccalaureate (IB) students – the diploma. (IB certificate students are not eligible for admission.)
- In the case of Cambridge University students (GCE/IGCSE/GCSE examinations of the approved British Examination Bodies) – the ‘A’ Level certificate with five subjects in A, B, C Grades including English at Ordinary (‘O’) Level and two out of three subjects at Advanced Level.
- Candidates in their 12th grade or equivalent school levels, can also apply, provided their final examinations are being held before 30th May. Such candidates can submit their 12th grade passing certificate/ mark sheet before 15th August. Their admission shall be strictly provisional, subject to the submission of the qualifying certificates by the prescribed last date.
- Candidates must have:
- For admission into contemporary programmes like BBA or BCom – English as one of the subjects.
- For admission into traditional Sanskrit-based programmes like BA (Sanskrit – Vyākaraṇa or Darśanas) or Integrated Masters (Sanskrit – Vyākaraṇa or Advaita Vedantā) – Knowledge of Devanāgari is preferable.
- For admission into post graduate programmes like MA (Sanskrit – IKT) – Bachelor’s degree in Sanskrit or in any discipline associated with Sanskrit is preferable. Candidates may also apply if they have taken Sanskrit as a subject either at UG level or at School level, or have learnt Sanskrit in non-formal ways, so long as they can establish that they have a working knowledge of spoken and written Sanskrit.
- For admissions into Integrated Masters Programme in the Performing Arts discipline (Hindustani Vocal/ Bānsuri/ Violin or Tablā) – Prior learning from a Guru for four years or a Madhyama Poorna qualification in the preferred discipline.
Please note that it is the candidate’s responsibility to check whether they are eligible to apply for the Undergraduate and Integrated Masters Programme at Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth as per the eligibility criteria outlined above.
If found ineligible, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth is entitled to disqualify the applicant at any stage of the admission process. In such a case, even if selected, the admission will stand annulled.