- The programme name in the application form indicates the major stream that the applicant desires to pursue. For detailed choices of majors and minors, please refer to the Academics section.
- Students should declare their major at the end of the second semester.
- Multiple Applications: Applicants who seek admission into multiple programmes across the various campuses of CU may communicate their preferences by email, in the order of priority, to the Admissions team after receipt of their login credentials. The university encourages candidates to choose from the wide-spectrum of programmes from any campus of the university.
Chinmaya Eswar Gurukula: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chinmaya Naadu Bindu Gurukula: email@example.com
The application will be considered complete only after the application fee of INR 1,000 is paid as mentioned above. This fee is non-refundable.
- Admission to Chinmaya University is merit-based. However financial aid is need-based. An applicant’s need for financial aid will not affect his selection to the programme.
- Need-based financial aid will be assessed by Chinmaya University management for such number of students and up to such extent of aid as is permissible from the endowments created by the University. All financial aid is at the absolute discretion of the University management.
- The admissions process is entirely merit-based after compliance with regulations pertaining to reservations, as prescribed by the UGC. No other formal or informal recommendations from or through any individual(s) will be entertained or considered.
- Once the applicant has completed all the components of this process, the Admissions Committee will evaluate his/her candidature.
- Our admissions decisions are based on the following policies:
- Chinmaya University does not have a deferral policy. The admission offer is only valid for the Undergraduate Programme starting in August, 2017.
- Chinmaya University does not yet accept credits transfer from other universities. Mid – year applicants from other universities will have to start as a first-year Undergraduate student at Chinmaya University.
Chinmaya Audition Test (where applicable)
Once the application is submitted along-with the relevant documents and video link, Chinmaya University will conduct a preliminary screening to shortlist candidates for the performing arts discipline for an Audition Test (if applicable). On evaluation of the video file, the university may communicate to a candidate to upload any specific requirement in order to further evaluate their candidature.
Chinmaya University’s admission panel will conduct the Tests/Personal Interviews. Applicants must carry their admit card to the test centre. Admit cards can be downloaded from the application portal prior to the assessment date.
Withdrawal of admission and fee refund
If a candidate wishes to withdraw after accepting the offer and having paid the admission deposit fee, he/ she can make a request by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org from his/her registered e-mail id seeking refund. The university shall refund the admission deposit fee after deducting INR 10,000, if such a request is received before the specified date. If a candidate requests for withdrawal any time thereafter, no such request shall be processed.
Misrepresentation of information
Chinmaya University will verify all original certificates or mark sheets supporting the application at the time of enrolment. The University will not tolerate any instance of falsification of information submitted by candidates. In such an event, the admission shall immediately stand cancelled and fees forfeited, in case it is discovered at any stage that any of the information submitted was falsely made.
All information submitted by the applicants is kept confidential, except as desired by the law.