What is CSET?+
The Chinmaya Scholarship & Entrance Test (CSET) is an opportunity for talented students to qualify for admissions and scholarships to support their undergraduate study at the Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Cochin for the academic year 2019-20.
Provisional Admissions to eliminate post-exam stress! This academic year students have the opportunity to gain provisional admission to CVV several months in advance of the results of +2 exams being declared. This will enable students to focus on their +2 study knowing that there is no post-exam stress of admissions.
CSET candidates will be eligible to apply for any undergraduate programme – at this point, CVV will offer:
- BA (Sanskrit)
- BA (Applied Psychology)
- BA-B.Ed or B.Sc-B.Ed – 4-year dual degree programme
While CSET Registration will open on November 18th, CVV will announce dates by November 25th – there will be multiple test dates and time slots to suit students convenience. There will be venues announced for different cities.
Register for CSET+
CSET is open for all who will be appearing for +2 exams in March/ April 2019. To register for CSET, we need information on your name address, contact information. We will e-mail detailed instructions for the CSET Test to all those who complete registration. When you provide an email/cell phone number in the CSET Registration form, make sure it is an email/cell phone that you check often to ensure you do not miss any important information.
There is no fee for registering and appearing for CSET for the coming academic year.
To Register for CSET, click here.
CSET 2019 Exam Pattern+
The complete exam pattern for CSET 2019 is given below for admission into various UG programmes in various pre-selected test centres. Candidates can book their slots or else the University will automatically book the slots on the basis of information provided in the application form.
- Exam Mode: CSET will be administered online in specific pre-defined venues.
- Venue: To be Announced – see URL for more info
- Type of Questions: The exam paper will consist of:
- 80 multiple-choice questions (MCQ) worth one mark spread across 5 categories:
- General Knowledge
- Quantitative ability
- Verbal Ability (including Reading Comprehension)
- Basic Knowledge of Indian Culture
- Logical Reasoning
- There will be 1 Essay type question
- Language Medium: The exam paper will be in English language.
- Time Duration: The total time duration to complete the test will be of 2 hours.
CSET 2019 Marking Scheme+
CSET 2019 marking scheme for admission into programmes is discussed below:
- For every correct answer for an MCQ, +1 mark will be awarded
- For every unanswered MCQ, no marks will be awarded
- For every wrong answer for an MCQ, -.25 (negative) will be awarded
- The Essay Type question will be scored out of 20
- The maximum marks someone can score in CSET 2019 will be 100 marks
- Admissions Hotline : 1800-270-4888
- Mahendra K S : 75588-96000
- Dr. V. Durgalakshmi : 70257-36662
- Sumedha Kulkarni : 92077-11512 | email@example.com
- N. M. Sundar : 90619-82220
To be announced. We are working with schools in different locations to host CSET in their computer lab.
To be announced.
CSET Terms & Conditions+
To be announced.