Invitation to Create Unique Teaching and Research programs
blending Sanskrit and Ancient Indian Wisdom with
Contemporary Knowledge Streams
Faculty Positions – Rolling Call for Applications
Open Faculty Positions
Areas of Specialisation
- Veda, Vedangas
(Masters in any Vedic recitation with the knowledge of Veda Bhashyam and Pratishakhya / knowledge of Nirukta/ Gruhyasutra. For Jyothisha – Masters in Jyothisha (Ganita) with the knowledge of modern mathematics and astronomy) Linguistics & Literary Studies
- Sanskrit Literature Sahitya Sastra
- NLP with Sanskrit background
Ethics, Governance, Culture andSocial Systems
- Smritis, Dharma Sastras
- Puranas, Itihasas, Puranas
- Ayurveda, Artha Sastra, Vastu Sastra
Philosophy,Psychologyand Scientific Heritage
- Darshanas(Nyaya – Vaisesika), (Samkhya – Yoga), Mimamsa
- Vedanta (Advaita Vedanta)
- Philosophy and Logic in Western and Indian streams
Contemporary Knowledge Systems
- English, Communication
- Computer Science
- Accounting & Finance
- Personnel Management/Organisational Behaviour
Applied Indian Knowledge Studies
- Applied Indian Knowledge Systems (Indian Psychology, Law, Medicine)
- Indian knowledge applications in Liberal Arts, Science, , Technology, Commerce andManagement
- Please sendone application form. If applying for more than one; a singleapplication form is sufficient for applying to multiple departments– indicate thedepartments.
- Enclosures are to be uploaded along with the application form, as separate documents (pdf preferred).
- Enclose a detailed Academic Profile including the following information:
- A Teaching Plan, indicating the core and foundational courses from the master list(available at the University website) that you can teach as also an expanded statement ofyour objectives and long term interests in coursework development.
- For those withprior teaching experience, the statement shouldcontain student feedback ratings,profiles of “3 best courses” taught by the candidate in the last five years (profileshould contain course outline /teaching plan, novel methods used, if any, includingonline content, term papers, group activity etc.).The statement should also include details of any teaching related awards and details of participation in teacherdevelopment programs as participant or as mentor.
- A Research plan highlighting your current and pastresearchinterests and achievements as also future plans in the short and long terms. As part of the research plan statement, candidates are expected to submit copies of“3 best papers” authored in the last 10 years, highlighting why the work isimportant (context).
- Details of publications/conference papers presented, listing chronologically: Names of authors, title of the paper, name of the journal/conference, volume/ proceedings, pages (from – to), year, etc.Group the above as Journal Publications and papers presented at National / International Conferences.
- Awards, Prizes etc. indicating: Nature, name of prize/award, awarded by, awarded for, year of award.
- Research guidance(only those with formal guide status) listing: – Research degree, name of the scholar, title of thesis,year of award etc.
- Details of externally funded projects carried out, listing: – Title of the project, duration, sponsor, value, co-investigators, if any, role of the candidate and specific contributions, etc. Candidates should highlight specific contributions, if any, to industry, pointing out the challenges overcome, the value of the work to the industry etc.
- Other Activities: Text books and Monographs written with details, Continuing education programs/conferences organized (as an organizer or co-organizer) etc.
- For Associate Professor/Professorcandidates, importantservice roles: Institution buildingand student centric roles played in the institution in which the candidate has worked,giving details of the roles undertaken, significant accomplishments etc.
- Referees who are in the peer groupof their research areas,preferably outside their own institution, and who can comment on thecontributions of thecandidateto the fieldare required. Three references are required. Provide name, designation, institution, e-mail and telephone number of the referees.
- The university reserves the right to fill or not fill any or all the posts advertised.The university reserves the right to restrictthe number of candidates for interview to areasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimumprescribed in the advertisement and other academic achievements.
- No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding reason for notbeing called for interview/outcome of interview.
- The University may consider candidates whose area of specialization lie outside thosestated herein, provided these persons have an outstanding record.
- Outstation candidates called for personal interview will be paidEconomy Airfare/Second AC Train fareby theshortest route, as applicable for the relevant grade.
- The candidate is responsible for the correctness of the information provided in theapplication. If it is found at a later date that any information given in the application isincorrect/false the candidature/appointment is liable to be cancelled/terminated.
Application Form Submission Applications are to be submitted online at firstname.lastname@example.org; fillable forms and instructions can be found at the same site. Also send one signed hardcopy of the form (no attachments required) to
Adi Sankara Nilayam,