संस्कृतेर्मानवाः संस्कृता भूरिदा:।। Cultured people share abundantly.
Founder – Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth
Shri Himanshu Nanda
Vision Director (Music)
Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukula
Gurukula for Performing Arts
Himanshu Nanda is an accomplished Hindustani Classical flautist, and has taken initial training from Shri Narendra Panda, Shri Padma Charan Patra and Shri Mohini Mohan Patnaik.
A noted senior disciple of the legendary bansuri maestro Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia, Himanshu Nanda is one of the very few handpicked students, who has undergone rigorous training in his “Gurukul” at Mumbai. Himanshu strives to carry forward his guru’s tradition by evolving a unique style with a dimension of quietude and subtlety that attempts to convey music as a means of spiritual sadhana for the journey within.
Himanshu’s music appeals to the learned and the novice alike and he is known for his unique recitals, lecture demonstrations, workshops and collaborations with artists of different genres.
His passion in life is to keep alive the sanctity of art and uplift listeners to a higher plane of consciousness by meaningfully emphasising “silence” through music.
Himanshu has successfully blended the dhrupad style of music through the usage of gamaks and the tongue and finger techniques of traditional instrumental style in his playing. Known for his slow and steady alaap and jod, he seamlessly weaves complex rhythmic structures into melodic format in the Jhala portions of a performance.
• Master’s degree in Music from Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune
• Sangeet Visharad from Gandharva Maha Vidyalaya
• Double degree holder in Science and Education with a Computer Science Diploma
• He teaches and mentors flautists at both beginner and advanced levels and has trained nearly 200 students spread over India, France, Japan, USA, UK and Kenya, etc.
• Served as visiting faculty at IIT, Bombay
• Founding Member of Chinmaya Swaranjali, the music-centred offshoot of the global Chinmaya Mission.
• Conducts Music Intensives at Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukula as an ongoing activity.
Management & Organizational Activities
• Conducts and organizes major events with a team of volunteers
Seminars & Workshops
• Musical Quotient to Happiness Quotient – for schools, colleges & corporate houses
• Dancing Voices & Singing Bells – for school children
Major Performances Abroad
• Himanshu has enthralled audiences in India, Kenya, South Africa, France, USA, Sri Lanka, Singapore,Indonesia and Japan
Major Performances in India
• He has accompanied his world-renowned guru Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia in various performances, sharing the stage with artists like Fazal Quereshi, George Brooks, Gwyneth Wentink and Sivamani
• His musical productions like “Chinmaya Vani Vadya Vrinda”, “Navarasa to Ramarasa”, and “The Journey” have received both critical and popular acclaim.
• Accompanied Classical dancers like Pt. Birju Maharaj, Sitara Devi, Darshana Jhaveri and others
Awards & Certificates
• Yuva Pratibha Samman by Kalahandi Merchant Association, Odisha
• Sur Mani by Sur Singar Samsad, Mumbai
• Yuva Pratibha Samman by Mahavir Samskritik Anusthan, Odisha
• Student Scholarship by Pt Hariprasad Chaurasia, Mumbai
• Talent of The Year by The Dreamers, Cuttack, Odisha
• Best Musician by Current Creators, Odisha
CDs & Recordings