Applicants must update the following information and documents on the admissions portal:
- Personal Details: Applicants are required to provide information such as qualifying level scores, personal contact details, educational qualifications, achievements and other details.
- Photograph: Applicants must upload their recent passport size photograph (.JPG or .PNG format, file size less than 2 MB).
- 10th standard (or equivalent) mark sheet or certificate, as the case may be.
- 12th standard (or equivalent) mark sheet or certificate, as the case may be. (Applicants awaiting their results of 12th standard may furnish these on or before August 15th 2017)
- Other certificates, transcripts, and testimonials. (These documents may have relevance in assessing the candidature)
- For performing arts programmes, certificate of Madhyama Poorna qualification in the preferred discipline, if applicable.
Statement of Purpose
Applicants are expected to provide a statement of purpose, in not more than 300 words, to provide an insight into their reasons for choosing to join the relevant programme at Chinmaya University, including therein an emphasis on the following areas:
- Exploring your full potential
Their passion, curiosity and eagerness to learn, displayed by their supplementary learning choices in their previous education. Chinmaya University looks for applicants who excel in the classroom as well as in their other interests and passions. Beyond standardised test scores/marks, our applicants are expected to display a passion that goes beyond a job-seeking-education; and an eagerness to explore their full-potential. This means exhibiting curiosity, readiness to learn, and an open mind, three attributes that enable the student to examine their full potential and employ it.
- Extra-curricular activities and interests
Applicants should have demonstrated interests outside the classroom. We want to see evidence of persistence, commitment and leadership, or of personal growth; be it through participation in sports, involvement in creative arts, social and cultural affairs, or community welfare.
- Video Link: Applicants to the performing arts programmes have to provide a link to a video of their performance. Candidates can provide a classical performance clip of their choice, with basic instruments like Tanpura & Tabla, for a maximum duration of 7 minutes. This link has to be copied onto a word file and uploaded on the admission portal.
- Recommendation Letter: In case of applicants who have undergone one-on-one learning with a Guru, a recommendation letter from the Guru must be provided.