संस्कृतेर्मानवाः संस्कृता भूरिदा:।। Cultured people share abundantly.
Founder – Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth
Shri Rohit Kulkarni
Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukula
Gurukula for Performing Arts
Rohit Chandrakant Kulkarni is an ardent student of the art of Tabla playing, and has an inborn passion for the same. He has been a residential student at the Taalyogi Ashram, a Gurukula run by Taalyogi Pt. Suresh Talwalkar.
He exhibits the same passion when it comes to teaching the art to students. He has been training quite a few boys from the nearby villages under the Chinmaya Social Responsibility Programme of Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukula, where they are taught free of cost.
• Started learning from father, Shri C.N.Kulkarni
• Learning as a disciple of Taalyogi Padmashree Pt. Suresh Talwalkar since 2003.
• Received extra guidance from Pt. Ramdas Palsule
• Tabla Alankar passed in 1st class from Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, Miraj in 2009.
• Completed M.A.in Music in First class with distinction from Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune in 2014.
• Currently conducting research work on Compositions of Tabla from School of Performing Arts, Bharati Vidyapeeth,Pune.
• Completed M.Com in 2nd class from Pune University in 2009
• Tabla Faculty at Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukul since 2013
• Teaching through institute “Kulkarni Tabla Classes”, started by Shri C.N. Kulkarni, which is affiliated with Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Mandal at Nigdi and Purnanagar, for 6 years
Management and Organizational Activities
• Organizing Tabla workshops through Kulkarni Tabla Classes in Nigdi and Purnanagar.
• Active participation in Chinmaya Social Responsibility (CSR) Program by Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukul, Kolwan.
• Conducting and organizing exams for Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, Miraj through Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukula and Kulkarni Tabla Classes
Seminars and Workshops
• Tabla Vadan Karyashala organized by Samajseva Kendra, Akurdi in December, 2016.
• Tabla workshop in Kozhikode in April, 2015.
• Tabla Vadan Karyashala in Samajseva Kendra, Baramati in January, 2015.
Performances in India
• Tabla solo concerts given in Pune, Chinchwad, Hingoli, Solapur, Kolhapur, Mumbai and Bhopal.
• Provided accompaniment to Pt. Vijay Koparkar, Vidushi Manjusha Patil, Pt. Suhas Vyas, Pt. Rajendra Kandalgavkar and Shrimati Pramodini Rao for Hindustani Vocal.
• Provided accompaniment to Pt. Rajendra Kulkarni(Bansuri), Pt. Atul kumar Upadhye(Violin), Pt. Keshav Gindeji (Bansuri), Shri Sarang Kulkarni(Sarod) and Shri Himanshu Nanda(Bansuri)
• Music arrangement for Kathak program in Chinchwad by Nrityasharada Kala Mandir, Chinchwad in January 2014 and October 2015.
• Composed the tabla pieces for “Taalghosh”, a tabla performance by 50 Tabla players in Chinchwad, organized by Tansen Sangeet Vidyalaya in October 2016.
Awards & Certificates
• Received National Scholarship Award by Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India in 2008.
• Awarded with ‘B’ grade by All India Radio for solo Tabla performance in 2013.