The trustees and management of Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth (CVV) believe that ‘means’ should not come in the way of ‘merit’ for students desirous of pursuing higher education at CVV. Hence, they have decided to encourage deserving students to avail their ‘Merit-Cum-Means’ Scholarship, which is a combination of various forms of fee-waivers ranging from 25% to 100%.
In order to avail the same, you are required to complete the prescribed CVV Scholarship Application Form by hand and return the completed form along with supporting documents (all supporting documents will have to be self-attested photocopies only except for the Affidavit), to reach CVV offices by courier
Please note that the award of Scholarship will be governed by the following regulations:
- CVV will make every endeavour to provide you with a scholarship, subject to submission of appropriate documentation. This process is expected to be completed by specified date. No correspondence or communication about the subject will be entertained in the interim.
- All students admitted to any of the CVV programs will have the eligibility to apply for scholarship, provided they have accepted the admission by paying the non-interest bearing refundable ‘Caution Deposit’ of Rs.10,000 (Rupees Ten Thousand only). The Caution Deposit may be refunded if the student withdraws admission on not receiving a scholarship.
- The scholarship is by means of full or partial waiver of tuition fee (ranging from 25% to 100%) in the case of non-residential students. Residential students – in addition to tuition fee waiver – will be eligible for full or partial waiver of boarding & lodging (ranging from 25% to 100%).
- Applicants that qualify for any Scholarship will be sent a Scholarship Award Letter (SAL) along with an Acceptance Note to be completed and returned to CVV before a specified date. Acceptance of the scholarship must be communicated to CVV within the last date mentioned in the Scholarship Award Letter (SAL). Any delay in this communication will result in cancellation of the scholarship awarded to the student.
- Scholarship amount will be released / Fee waivers will be invoked only on a part by part/yearly basis. The continuation of scholarship for the subsequent years is dependent on the satisfactory progress and good conduct of the awardee; reviewed at the end of each year.
- If it is found by CVV management at any time, either before the commencement of the academic year or during the course of the program, that an awardee, has by reasons of his/her own act of default, failed to make satisfactory progress or has been guilty of misconduct; such as guilty of ragging or indulging in sexual harassment; irregularity in attendance without the permission of the authorities concerned etc., the authority sanctioning the scholarship may either fully or partially cancel the scholarship or stop or withhold the scholarship, for such period as it may deem fit.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by producing false supporting documents or declarations; his/her scholarship will be cancelled forthwith. He/She will be required to return to CVV, the entire Scholarship amount received by him/her till such time. The student concerned will be debarred for scholarship and/or the program.
- Parents/guardians who are either self-employed or have agricultural income, are required to submit an income declaration stating definite income from all sources by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper. (Please download the Affidavit Template from below)
- Employed parents/guardians are required to submit self-attested photocopies of salary slip (latest 3 months mandatory) and the income tax returns (ITR-V) for the last three years. If they also have from other sources, they shall furnish declaration by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper. (Please download the Affidavit Template from below)
- Please attach THE AFFIDAVIT in ORIGINAL ONLY (Notarized by a Notary Public). You may retain a photocopy for your reference.
- Please attach only SELF-ATTESTED PHOTOCOPIES of ITR-V and Pay Slips. (CVV will not be responsible for returning the Originals if they are sent)
- These regulations are subject to modification or change, from time to time, at the discretion of CVV Management.
- The decision of the scholarship committee will be final on all matters. No further queries will be entertained.
You may write to us at email@example.com or call our toll-free number 1800-270-4888 for any further assistance in the matter.