संस्कृतेर्मानवाः संस्कृता भूरिदा:।। Cultured people share abundantly.
Founder – Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth
Shri Sunil Avachat
Assistant Professor (Bansuri)
Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukula
Gurukula for Performing Arts
Sunil Avachat took initial training of Bansuri from late Pt. Arvind Gajendragadkar of Pune, followed by advanced training under the legendary Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia, till date.
He has also been learning Western Classical Guitar from Mr. Samson Manuel of Pune.
• Bachelors of Civil Engineering from Pune University.
• Software Development diploma from CDAC Thane (Mumbai)
• Certifications in Java, Oracle, Software Testing
• Sangeet Visharad (1st Part) from Gandharva Maha Vidyalaya
• Cleared 4rd grade examination of Trinity College of London in Western Classical Guitar
Management & Organizational Activities
• Visiting lecturer and examiner for BA/MA students at Lalit Kala Kendra, Pune University
• Conducted lecture-demonstrations on Indian Classical Music in many schools of India, USA, Canada, Europe.
• Accompanied to legendary classical dancers Pt. Birju Maharaj, Pt. Rohini Bhate, Dr Sucheta Chapekar
• Regularly accompanies many dancers of Kathak, Bharatanatyam & Odissi styles.
• Performed solo concerts in India, South Korea, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, USA, Canada & Singapore.
• Accompanied Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia in India, France, Germany, Australia, Switzerland, Dubai, Muscat, Singapore, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Russia, Kuwait, Turkey & Mexico
World Music/ Collaborative Projects
• Fusion music with various bands in India, Poland’s Woodstock Festival, Singapore.
• Recorded flute for Hollywood as well as Indian films
• Many titles recorded in South Korea in collaboration with traditional Korean instruments
• Produced a thematic music concert ‘Baaje Muralia’, presenting different type of flutes and its use in Indian Music
• Produced a thematic concert ‘Hari Rang Hari Sang’, presenting the musical journey of Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia including an interview of Panditji, songs & video presentation.
• YouTube channel containing many solo videos, thematic self-composed instrumental tunes, duet project with Carnatic Classical Vocalist, thematic concerts based on Indian film music
Awards & Certificates
• A Grade artist of All India Radio & Doordarshan
• Empanelled artist of ICCR
• Awarded by Pune Municipal Corporation for contribution in dance music field in Pune
CDs & Recordings
• Viraha: Raag Marva, Madhukauns, Pilu
• Resemblance: Various Ragas, Folk Tunes, Bhajan
• Heart Beats: Thematic soothing music to play in hospitals