Shri Swapnil Chaphekar
Assistant Professor (Hindustani Vocal)
Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukula
Gurukula for Performing Arts
Trained in the Guru-Shishya Parampara from Gurus like Pt Dr Ram Deshpande and Smt Padmini Dandekar, Swapnil Chaphekar is a Hindustani Classical vocalist gifted with a confluence of Gwalior, Jaipur and Agra Gharanas. He holds three master’s degrees with gold medals in two of them. Swapnil has a passion for teaching and is determined to help the younger generation who aspires to take on the mantle of Indian classical music. Adding to his multifaceted personality, he is a professional lyricist, poet and music composer too.
• Masters of Music (M.Mus.) in Hindustani Classical Vocal with Gold Medal from University of Mumbai
• Sangeet Bhaskar with Gold Medal from Pracheen Kala Kendra, Chandigarh
• Sangeet Alankar (Vocal) from Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Mandal
• Assistant professor (Music) in Deep Education Society’s A.G.S. College of Education (B.Ed.), Boisar
• Visiting faculty in Department of Music, University of Mumbai
• Rang Swar Concert by Bhimsen Joshi Chair & Lalit Kala Kendra, Pune at Chavan Center, Nariman Point, Mumbai
• Maharaja Sayajirao University, Baroda
• Punjabi University, Patiala
• Bhatkhande University of Music, Lucknow
• Gurupoornima Concert of Mumbai University
• Gurubhakti concert by Sharda Sangeet Vidyalaya, Mumbai
• Sangeet Sabha, Bandra
• Swar Sadhna Samiti’s 650th monthly program at Mumbai Marathi Sahitya Sangh, Girgaon, Mumbai
• Participated in the famous reality show “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa” on Zee TV Marathi Season 7
• Music Compositions:
o Composing Bandishes, Taranas, Chatrang etc. in various ragas under the pen name “Preet”
o Has composed song lyrics (Marathi) for TV serial “Saraswati” on Colors channel
o Composing song lyrics for some upcoming Hindi-Marathi films & albums
o Poems in Marathi & Hindi have been published in various magazines and periodicals including Sangeet Kala Vihar, Pratibha, Rasik, Tushar, Srijan etc.
o Participated as invited poet in a prestigious 16th Kokan Marathi Sahitya Sammelan (Dadar, Mumbai), Kavyahotra (Goa), 89th Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan (Pimpri-Chinchwad), 90th Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan (Dombivali, Mumbai) and many other poets’ meets all over Maharashtra.
o Presented poetry programs “Kavyarang” & “Shabd Maze” in Yuva-vaani on All India Radio – Asmita channel. Participated in a poetry program “Celebrating Paaus” on Zee TV’s Zee 24 Taas News Channel.
Awards & Certificates
• Pandit Shankar Rao Modak Award from Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya for excellence in Sangeet Visharad (2010)
• Udayan Indubhai Award from Swar-Vilas, Baroda, Gujarat
• Recipient of Pt. Bhimsen Joshi Scholarship from Vile Parle Music Circle, in 2013 & 2014 consecutively.
• Uttung Scholarship from Uttung Pariwar, Vile Parle (2015)
• Awarded by University of Mumbai with “The Pandit Govindrao Agni Prize”, “The Late Shri Ramchandra Narhar Chitalkar Alias Shri C. Ramchandra Prize”, “The Late Kesarbai Kerkar Music Scholarship”, “The Sant Kumar Bajoria Prize”, “The Mrs. Suniti Telang Award” for securing highest number of marks in B.Mus. Final Year.